Hello Earth Angels
Today I spent time at a favourite blog of mine. The Art of Collecting Yourself by Rae Payne. http://collectingyourself.wordpress.com
Rae’s blog was entitled Making Time for Making Art and here is my reply:
Oh Rae! This post was surely heaven-sent?
Yes it is time for us all to connect with what is totally and real -ly authentic within us… to listen to the ‘creative’ voice and give it expression for its own sake not because it will help our ego be recognised but simply because without giving it voice, right here and right now we will suffocate a little every day until our life becomes so inauthentic as to be a mask of ourselves.
As someone who has spent a lot of time justifying how and why I spend time with my talents – it is finally and absolutely liberating to be able to say:
I spend time with my creativity because I need to for my spirit.
I need to do this so:
- I can breathe
- have a life and generally be here.
- I no longer have to apologise for doing this.
- I am not being selfish I am expressing me.
- I do not have to put my creativity aside or channel it into forms that are designed to help others.
- I do not have to put others needs before me own.
- I do not have to do everything else before I am allowed to spend time with my creative self.
- I do not have to be ‘successful, earn an income, or be in the world’ to be my authentic self, I simply have to express me.
So today I declare and choose my authentic creative expressive self first about all other things because when I do this I am
- caring deeply for my soul
- nurturing the deep void of my being, the darkness where my soul seed sits to germinate and bloom into my magnificent self.
- feeding the part of me that has been so starved it has chosen to take in food to fulfill itself – and wondered why with this in appropriate substance it is always hungry.
It is a wonderful, magnificent thing to accept what it is that I came to do and do it with complete abandon and delight.
Yes Rae, you are so right – it is time!
Bless-sings from the angels